Personal & Professional Visitation
- All visitations are via video and subject to unforeseen lock-down and other situations which may postpone or cancel all visitations.
- Cell phones and other electronic recording devices are prohibited in the video visitation area. Lockers are available for storage of personal items. The cost to use a locker is twenty-five (25) cents, quarters only. Change is available at the jail. The quarter will be refunded after the locker key is returned.
- If the person you visited seems depressed, is making suicidal statements or you have given them disappointing news, please inform KCCF Mental Health Staff at (616) 632-6222.
All visits have to be scheduled 24 in advance. A visitor may schedule by:
- Scheduling online using the Renovo Visitor Website
- Visitors can call the visitation line at (616) 632-6383 for scheduling assistance, 7 days a week between 9:00am and 9:00pm.
- For visitors that do not have access to a computer or have an e-mail address, a kiosk is available in the visiting lobby.
- Online help is available on how to use the Renovo website by viewing online videos.
Code of Conduct for Visitors
- Visitors will adhere to certain rules of dress. High cut shorts, halter tops, low cut dresses or blouses, tank tops and dresses with slits past the knee will not be allowed. Shirt and footwear must be worn.
- No visit will be permitted if the visitor appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- During the visit, the visitor will remain seated.
- The use of gum, food, drink, matches, lighters and/or all tobacco products are prohibited within the Correctional Facility.
- No cell phone, recording device or camera will be allowed into the facility or visitation area.
- A visit can be terminated by KCCF staff at any time, without notice.
- A professional visitor cannot use the professional visiting privilege to visit a relative. The visit must occur and count as a regular visit.
General Population & Juvenile Inmate Visitation Policy
- Visitors must check in AT LEAST 20 minutes prior to their visitation start time. Visitors frequently arriving late may be banned.
- Juvenile inmates must have an approved list of visitors before they are allowed to have any visits.
- General population inmates will receive one (1) visit per week. Only two (2) visitors will be allowed per visit.
- Visitors ages 17 and under cannot schedule visits by themselves and must be accompanied by an adult.
- Working trustees will receive three (3) visits per week. Only two (2) visitors will be allowed per visit.
- Visiting hours Mon-Fri: All inmates can visit from 8:00am to 11:00am; 1:00pm to 5:00pm; 7:00pm to 10:00pm.
Visiting hours Sat-Sun: All inmates can visit from 8:00am to 11:00am; 1:00pm to 5:00pm.
- Additional visits per week will be available for purchase ($15). For example: if an inmate already had their 1 visit used for the week, a visitor can purchase a 2nd, 3rd or 4th visit.
Internet Video Visits (At-Home Visitation)
Kent County Correctional Facility offers at home, internet video visits
- This technology allows visitors who are not able to visit at the facility to schedule visits and video chat, from home, with an inmate using the Renovo Scheduling System.
- Visits will take place 7 days a Week from 8:00am to 11:00am; 1:00pm to 5:00pm; and 7:00pm to 10:00pm.
- 25-Minute Visit are $10.00
- 10-Minute Visits are $4.00
- Code of conduct policies remain the same as onsite visitation, if the rules and regulations are broken, a visitor will be banned from internet visitation.
Married Inmates (both housed within the jail) Visitation
Married inmates will be allowed to visit when both are incarcerated. Married
inmate shall be responsible to prove they are legally married. Married inmates
will be limited to one visit per week.
Hospitalized Inmate Visitation
An inmate that has been admitted into the hospital will not be allowed visitors. Attorney or emergency visits due to serious medical conditions must be approved by an on duty Shift Sergeant only. These approved visits are subject to the hospital's visitation rules.
Administrative Restrictive Unit Visitation
Inmates housed in administrative restrictive unit will receive one
(1) visit per week. Only two (2) visitors will be allowed to visit.
Visiting for the administrative restrictive units will take place
on Friday, Saturday, and Sundays only. The visiting times are 8:00am to
11:00am; 1:00pm to 4:00pm; and 6:00pm to 10:00pm.
Professional visitors wishing to visit must come to the visiting/information
desk at the Kent County Correctional Facility and register. A valid approved
issued I.D. must be presented to staff. Professional visitors without any of
the following listed approved I.D's must get prior approval to visit an inmate
from Jail Administration by calling (616) 632-6401 or Inmate Service Administrator
by calling (616) 632-6379.
- CSD issued cards
- Professional visiting list
- Probation/Parole ID
- Attorney bar card
- Police Agency ID
- Court personnel
Professional visitors will not be allowed access without approved ID or pre-approval from Jail Administration.
Professional visitors will be allowed to visit from 8:00am to 11:00am; 1:00pm to 5:00pm; and 7:00pm to 10:00pm.